Re: [GIT PULL] siginfo: ABI fixes for v5.13-rc2

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun May 16 2021 - 03:40:49 EST

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looking deeper it was discovered that si_trapno is used for only
> a few select signals on alpha and sparc, and that none of the
> other _sigfault fields past si_addr are used at all. Which means
> technically no regression on alpha and sparc.

If there's no functional regression on any platform, could much of this
wait until v5.14, or do we want some of these cleanups right now?

The fixes seem to be for long-existing bugs, not fresh regressions, AFAICS.
The asserts & cleanups are useful, but not regression fixes.

I.e. this is a bit scary:

at -rc2 time.

Thanks,

Ingo