Re: [RFC v2-fix 1/1] x86/traps: Add #VE support for TDX guest

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon May 24 2021 - 10:02:31 EST

Only drivers that are not supported in TDX anyways could do it (mainly
watchdog drivers)
What about apei_{read,write}() for ACPI error handling? Those are
called in NMI to do MMIO accesses. It's not just watchdog drivers.

We expect the APEI stuff to be filtered in the normal case to reduce the attack surface. There's no use case for APEI error reporting in a normally operating TDX guest.

But yes that's why I wrote mainly. It should work in any case, we fully support #VE nesting after TDVEREPORT.

-Andi