Re: Kernel Panic in skb_release_data using genet

From: Maxime Ripard
Date: Mon May 24 2021 - 11:24:20 EST

Hi Florian,

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 07:49:25AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> On 5/24/2021 6:01 AM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> > Hi Doug, Florian,
> >
> > I've been running a RaspberryPi4 with a mainline kernel for a while,
> > booting from NFS. Every once in a while (I'd say ~20-30% of all boots),
> > I'm getting a kernel panic around the time init is started.
> >
> > I was debugging a kernel based on drm-misc-next-2021-05-17 today with
> > KASAN enabled and got this, which looks related:
>
> Is there a known good version that could be used for bisection or you
> just started to do this test and you have no reference point?

I've had this issue for over a year and never (I think?) got a good
version, so while it might be a regression, it's not a recent one.

> How stable in terms of clocking is the configuration that you are using?
> I could try to fire up a similar test on a Pi4 at home, or use one of
> our 72112 systems which is the closest we have to a Pi4 and see if that
> happens there as well.

I'm not really sure about the clocking. Is there any clock you want to
look at in particular?

My setup is fairly simple: the firmware and kernel are loaded over TFTP
and the rootfs is mounted over NFS, and the crash always occur around
init start, so I guess when it actually starts to transmit a decent
amount of data?

Maxime