Re: Maintainers / Kernel Summit 2021 planning kick-off

From: James Bottomley
Date: Fri May 28 2021 - 10:58:16 EST

On Thu, 2021-05-27 at 15:29 +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 03:23:03PM +0200, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Apr 2021, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> >
> > > I know we're all really hungry for some in-person meetups and
> > > discussions, but at least for LPC, Kernel Summit, and
> > > Maintainer's Summit, we're going to have to wait for another
> > > year,
> >
> > Well now that we are vaccinated: Can we still change it?
> >

> Speak for yourself, remember that Europe and other parts of the world
> are not as "flush" with vaccines as the US currently is :(

The rollout is accelerating in Europe. At least in Germany, I know
people younger than me are already vaccinated. I think by the end of
September the situation will be better ... especially if the EU and US
agree on this air bridge (and the US actually agrees to let EU people
in).

One of the things Plumbers is thinking of is having a meetup at what
was OSS EU but which is now in Seattle. The Maintainer's summit could
do the same thing. We couldn't actually hold Plumbers in Seattle
because the hotels still had masks and distancing requirements for
events that effectively precluded the collaborative aspects of
microconferences, but evening events will be governed by local
protocols, rather than the Hotel, which are already more relaxed.

Regards,

James