Re: [RESEND net-next 1/2] net: hns3: add support for PTP

From: huangguangbin (A)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2021 - 22:20:58 EST

On 2021/6/5 23:51, Richard Cochran wrote:
On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 05:54:45PM +0800, huangguangbin (A) wrote:
This won't work. After all, the ISR thread might already be running.
Use a proper spinlock instead.

Thanks for review. Using spinlock in irq_handler looks heavy, what about
adding a new flag HCLGE_STATE_PTP_CLEANING_TX_HWTS for hclge_ptp_clean_tx_hwts()?
Function hclge_ptp_clean_tx_hwts() test and set this flag at the beginning
and clean it in the end. Do you think it is Ok?

No, I don't. Use a proper lock. Don't make vague arguments about how
it "looks heavy".

Thanks,
Richard
.

Ok, thanks. We will modify this according to your idea, and repost a new version after we test ok.