Re: Kernel stack read with PTRACE_EVENT_EXIT and io_uring threads

From: Michael Schmitz
Date: Mon Jun 14 2021 - 01:04:59 EST

On second thought, I'm not certain what adding another empty stack frame would achieve here.

On m68k, 'frame' already is a new stack frame, for running the new thread in. This new frame does not have any user context at all, and it's explicitly wiped anyway.

Unless we save all user context on the stack, then push that context to a new save frame, and somehow point get_signal to look there for IO threads (essentially what Eric suggested), I don't see how this could work?

I must be missing something.

Cheers,

Michael Schmitz