Re: [V9fs-developer] KCSAN BUG report on p9_client_cb / p9_client_rpc

From: Dominique Martinet
Date: Tue Jun 22 2021 - 17:03:27 EST

Hi,

let's keep the lists in Cc :)

jim.cromie@xxxxxxxxx wrote on Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 02:55:19PM -0600:
> heres a fuller report - Im seeing some new stuff here.

Thanks, the one two should be the same as p9_client_cb / p9_client_rpc
and p9_client_cb / p9_virtio_zc_request are very similar, and also the
same to the first you had, so the patch didn't really work.

I thought after sending it that it probably needs to be tag =
READ_ONCE(req->tc.tag) instead of just assigning it... Would you mind
trying that?

> Im running in a vm, using virtme, which uses 9p to share host filesystems
> since 1st report to you, Ive added --smp 2 to my testing, it seems to
> have increased reporting

I'm ashamed to say I've just never tried KCSAN... I can give it a try over
the next few weeks* if that patch + READ_ONCE doesn't cut it

(*sorry)

Thanks,
--
Dominique