Re: [RFC v2] MEDIA: Driver for ON Semi AR0521 camera sensor

From: Krzysztof Hałasa
Date: Wed Jun 23 2021 - 01:28:16 EST

Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> How does a lack of an SoB line prevent someone from doing exactly what
> you've described above ?

The work is not published under GPL.

> Maintainers usually understand these issues. They may fail to notice,
> but if you point out a patch that would steal your work, that would
> prevent it from being merged.

I'd like to believe this as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like
that. See the "tw686x" (an SD TV frame grabber) case.
I didn't even request that the other driver wasn't merged. I only wanted
it as a patch on top of the original one - so the history could be
visible.
--
Krzysztof Hałasa

Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz
Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa