Re: linux-mm@xxxxxxxxx - limping on a backup

From: David Sterba
Date: Thu Jun 24 2021 - 08:15:51 EST

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 10:59:54AM -0400, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> FYI: the filesystem hosting kanga.kvack.org which hosts linux-mm@xxxxxxxxx
> and a few other assorted things was damaged around 9:17am. The mailing
> list is back up and running from a March 2nd backup for now. The problem
> is either a bad SSD or a btrfs bug, however no crash dump was captured to
> help with debugging.

Do you have any logs? Also when you have a suspicion that it was caused
by hardware, what's the SSD type? If you'd like a more interactive
discussion please come to the libera.chat #btrfs channel, there are
people with a lot of experience and knowledge about buggy hardware. In
case it's a btrfs bug we'd be interested to know at least something that
could help to narrow it down.

d.