Re: [Patch v2 2/3] Drivers: hv: add Azure Blob driver

From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Date: Wed Jun 30 2021 - 11:29:49 EST

On 29.06.21 14:18, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 12:41:49PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
On 29.06.21 08:24, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

Hi folks,

Again, no.

Just use dev_dbg(), dev_warn(), and dev_err() and there is no need for
anything "special". This is just one tiny driver, do not rewrite logic
like this for no reason.

Maybe worth mentioning that we have the pr_fmt macro that can be
defined if some wants to do things like adding some prefix.

No, no driver should mess with that, just use dev_*() calls instead
please.

Well, I've been referring to some scenario where you *really* want some
*additional* prefix over the whole file. But you're right, the good use
cases for that are very rare - dev_*() usually should already put enough
information into the message.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert