[Question] Do we need remote charging for cpu and cpuacct subsys?

From: Hao Lee
Date: Fri Jul 02 2021 - 04:26:42 EST

Hi,

memcg currently has a remote charging mechanism that can charge usage to other
memcg instead of the one the task belongs to.

In our environment, we need to account the cpu usage consumed by some kworkers
to a specific cgroup. Thus, we want to introduce a remote-charging mechanism to
cpu and cpuacct subsys in our kernel.

I want to know if the community has a plan to do this?
What will the community approach look like?

I think we need to move the active_memcg to a separated active_cgroup struct,
and the latter will contain active_memcg, active_tg, and active_cpuacct.

Regards,
Hao Lee