Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 5.14-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jul 03 2021 - 00:38:23 EST

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 6:36 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After incorrectly suspecting Andrew's -mm tree (because the kernel
> hung with a watchdog on TLB flushing, and so I suspected mm problems),
> I've now bisected my hung machine into the sound tree.

Hmm. One more step to go, but I think the culprit is comit
9ce650a75a3b ("ALSA: usb-audio: Reduce latency at playback start").
Because I don't think it can be the other choice.

Will finish the bisect (this took much too long, partly due to an
annoying F34 bug that makes all the boots take forever). And then go
back and verify that a revert fixes it on the current tip too.

But I thought I'd report this as a likely candidate.

Linus