Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the usb tree

From: Rajat Jain
Date: Tue Jul 13 2021 - 17:04:04 EST

+linux-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+Jonathan Corbet

Hi Jonathan / kernel-docs people,

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 6:37 AM Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 10:39:42AM -0700, Rajat Jain wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 1:30 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > After merging the usb tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> > > this warning:
> > >
> > > Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-removable:2: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> > > Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-removable:2: WARNING: Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.
> >
> > I'd be happy to send a patch to fix this, but I didn't really
> > understand what needs to be done.
> >
> > Here is the relevant documentation update in the patch:
> >
> > +What: /sys/devices/.../removable
> > +Date: May 2021
> > +Contact: Rajat Jain <rajatxjain@xxxxxxxxx>
> > + Information about whether a given device can be removed from the
> > + platform by the user. This is determined by its subsystem in a
> > + bus / platform-specific way. This attribute is only present for
> > + devices that can support determining such information:
> > +
> > + "removable": device can be removed from the platform by the user
> > + "fixed": device is fixed to the platform / cannot be removed
> > + by the user.
> > + "unknown": The information is unavailable / cannot be deduced.
> > +
> > + Currently this is only supported by USB (which infers the
> > + information from a combination of hub descriptor bits and
> > + platform-specific data such as ACPI).
> >
> > I'd be happy to send a patch if you can point me what needs to be done
> > (or let Stephen / Greg / some one else do it if it is easier to just
> > do it instead of guiding me).
>
> I do not know what the "right" thing to do here is, sorry. Maybe one of
> the kerneldoc people know?

Can someone familiar with the documentation and html docs let me know
what is wrong with Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-removable
that is resulting in this warning when doing "make htmldocs":

> > > Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-removable:2: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> > > Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-removable:2: WARNING: Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.

I looked at the file line number 2 and it just seems inline with other
similar files in that documentation folder.

Thanks,

Rajat