Re: cocci script to convert linux-kernel allocs with BITS_TO_LONGS to bitmap_alloc

From: Joe Perches
Date: Tue Jul 13 2021 - 19:09:31 EST

On Tue, 2021-07-13 at 23:33 +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:

> I see that there is also a bitmap_free. Maybe the rule should be
> introducing that as well?

Yes, but as far as I know, it's difficult for coccinelle to convert
the kfree() calls of any previous bitmap_alloc to bitmap_free as
most frequently the kfree() call is in a separate function.

Please do it if you know how, you're probably the best in the world
at coccinelle. I don't know how...

cheers, Joe