Re: 5.13.2-rc and others have many not for stable

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Wed Jul 14 2021 - 11:30:50 EST

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 09:52:58AM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
On Tue 13-07-21 18:28:13, Andrew Morton wrote:
At present this -stable
promiscuity is overriding the (sometime carefully) considered decisions
of the MM developers, and that's a bit scary.

Not only scary, it is also a waste of precious time of those who
carefuly evaluate stable tree backports.

I'm just as concerned with the other direction: we end up missing quite
a lot of patches that are needed in practice, and no one is circling
back to make sure that we have everything we need.

I took a peek at SUSE's tree to see how things work there, and looking
at the very latest mm/ commit:

commit c8c7b321edcf7a7e8c22dc66e0366f72aa2390f0