Re: [RFC v2] /dev/iommu uAPI proposal

From: Jason Gunthorpe
Date: Thu Jul 15 2021 - 13:53:43 EST

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 10:48:36AM -0700, Raj, Ashok wrote:

> > > Do we have any isolation requirements here? its the same process. So if the
> > > page-request it sent to guest and even if you report it for mdev1, after
> > > the PRQ is resolved by guest, the request from mdev2 from the same guest
> > > should simply work?
> >
> > I think we already talked about this and said it should not be done.
>
> I get the should not be done, I'm wondering where should that be
> implemented?

The iommu layer cannot have ambiguity. Every RID or RID,PASID slot
must have only one device attached to it. Attempting to connect two
devices to the same slot fails on the iommu layer.

So the 2nd mdev will fail during IOASID binding when it tries to bind
to the same PASID that the first mdev is already bound to.

Jason