Re: refactor the i915 GVT support

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Thu Jul 22 2021 - 08:55:29 EST

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 05:45:16PM +0800, Zhenyu Wang wrote:
> The reason we isolated hypervisor specific code from core vgpu
> emulation is to make multiple hypervisor support possible. Yes, we do
> have Xen support but never got way into upstream...And we also have
> third party hypervisors which leverage gvt function through current
> hypervisor interface.

Out of tree stuff simply does not matter for the upstream kernel,
especially when it creates such a huge burden.

As a background: I started this refactoring as a lot of the code did
not make much sense when reviewing the mdev integration in preparation
to switching them to the new mdev interface from Jason.