Re: [RFC v3] dt-binding: media: document ON Semi AR0521 sensor bindings

From: Krzysztof Hałasa
Date: Tue Jul 27 2021 - 06:36:29 EST

Hi Laurent,

Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> + properties:
>> + data-lanes:
>> + anyOf:
>> + - items:
>> + - const: 1
>> + - items:
>> + - const: 1
>> + - const: 2
>> + - items:
>> + - const: 1
>> + - const: 2
>> + - const: 3
>> + - const: 4
>
> As the sensor also supports an HiSPi output, I would add the bus-type
> property:
>
> data-lanes:
> const: 4

Is there any example of this? I'm not sure how should it it look like.
Something like the following?

properties:
data-lanes:
anyOf:
- items:
- const: 1
- items:
- const: 1
- const: 2
- items:
- const: 1
- const: 2
- const: 3
- const: 4
bus-type:
data-lanes:
const: 4

And... HiSPi would need additional code in the driver. And preferably
some testing. I think I'd prefer to have DT and the driver staying in
some sort of sync. Also, I'm uncertain about the syntax and the meaning
of such, apparently redundant, construct. Nor about its relation to
HiSPi. An example would be welcome.
--
Krzysztof "Chris" Hałasa

Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz
Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa