Re: kernel BUG in new r8188eu

From: Larry Finger
Date: Sun Aug 01 2021 - 16:15:58 EST

On 8/1/21 1:31 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

I am worried that my "remove the wrapper" logic got something wrong
here, so if you could test the revert of that, I would appreciate it.

I think I need to go buy one of these devices so I can test cleanups
locally...

The bad commit was 9ff1cc4ef80e ("staging: r8188eu: remove rtw_buf_free() function").

Looking at it, the only difference between the original wrapper and the new code is that the wrapper zeros the len variable before the kfree() call, but making that change did not help. Reverting that patch restores the old behavior.

There are lots of these on Ebay from $2.47 up with free shipping!

Larry