Re: [RFC NO MERGE] f2fs: extent cache: support unaligned extent

From: Chao Yu
Date: Mon Aug 02 2021 - 21:29:37 EST

On 2021/8/3 9:25, Jaegeuk Kim wrote:
On 08/03, Chao Yu wrote:
On 2021/8/3 2:03, Jaegeuk Kim wrote:
On 08/01, Chao Yu wrote:
On 2021/7/31 3:20, Jaegeuk Kim wrote:
On 07/07, Chao Yu wrote:
Currently, it only works in readonly format f2fs image.

There wouldn't be any race condition because unaligned extent only works
for ro feature now?

Isn't your patch proposing on writable partition?

Please check description in patch message, now it was designed only for
--
what do you refer "it"?

compression case w/ ro feature, let's check and support rw partition later.

Quite confused the patch description and code changes as well. You added some
change with this as well which is for RW.

+ if (is_inode_flag_set(dn->inode, FI_COMPRESSED_FILE) &&
+ !f2fs_sb_has_readonly(sbi)) {

My bad, I've updated in my dev branch, but forgot to resend it...:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chao/linux.git/commit/?h=dev&id=c3a40f6a186ba064f95432b308173d0a8fe375dc

Thanks,

Thanks,

Is there any race condition between the address in extent_cache and the one in
dnode? I feel that we could synchronize it by locking its dnode block.

Thanks,