Re: read() via USB bus

From: Oliver Neukum
Date: Mon Aug 09 2021 - 04:15:41 EST

On 09.08.21 09:58, Muni Sekhar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> PCIe memory mapped registers can be read via readb(), readw(), readl()
> kernel API's. Similarly what are the kernel API to read the device
> registers via USB bus

Hi,

I am afraid this is based on a fundamental misunderstanding on how
USB works. It is based on passing messages, not reading and writing
registers.

USB devices are primarily based on endpoints, not registers. A literal
answer to your question would point you to the clear/set/get_feature
standard requests of chapter 9 of the specification, but that really
will not help you, as you are making assumption that fundamentally
do not apply.

I hope this list stays friendly to newcomers and we will answer
specific questions, but at this point I must advise you to first
read an introductory book.

    HTH
        Oliver