RE: Paragon NTFSv3 (was Re: [GIT PULL] vboxsf fixes for 5.14-1)

From: Konstantin Komarov
Date: Fri Aug 13 2021 - 12:11:16 EST

Thanks for this clarification, Linus!
Stephen, please find the tree here:
https://github.com/Paragon-Software-Group/linux-ntfs3.git
It is the fork from 5.14-rc5 tag with ntfs3 patches applied.
Also, the latest changes
- fix some generic/XYZ xfstests, which were discussed
with Theodore, Darrick and others
- updates the MAINTAINERS with mailing list (also added to CC here) and scm tree link.

Please let me know if additional changes requred to get fetched into linux-next.

> The one other thing I do want when there's big new pieces like this
> being added is to ask you to make sure that everything is signed-off
> properly, and that there is no internal confusion about the GPLv2
> inside Paragon, and that any legal people etc are all aware of this
> all and are on board. The last thing we want to see is some "oops, we
> didn't mean to do this" brouhaha six months later.
>
> I doubt that's an issue, considering how public this all has been, but
> I just wanted to mention it just to be very obvious about it.
>
> Linus
Indeed, there is no internal confusion about the GPLv2 and we mean to make this contribution.

Best regards,
Konstantin.