Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.33.0-rc2

From: Martin Ågren
Date: Sat Aug 14 2021 - 04:02:26 EST

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 at 01:23, Junio C Hamano <gitster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Git 2.33 Release Notes (draft)
> ==============================

rc1 had a section "Backward compatibility notes" where the recent work
on "git log -m" was mentioned. That was then dropped because of
6a38e33331 ("Revert 'diff-merges: let "-m" imply "-p"'", 2021-08-05), so
there are no backward compatibility notes in rc2.

> Updates since Git 2.32
>
> UI, Workflows & Features

> * The "-m" option in "git log -m" that does not specify which format,
> if any, of diff is desired did not have any visible effect; it now
> implies some form of diff (by default "--patch") is produced.

This is basically the same blurb. It was duplicated in rc1, and one of
the copies remains in rc2. I believe it should be dropped.

Martin