Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: John Garry
Date: Wed Aug 18 2021 - 07:42:07 EST

On 18/08/2021 04:07, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On 8/17/21 2:51 AM, John Garry wrote:
sorry... I only built x86 and arm64 allmodconfig. Let me check this.
Build testing for tree-wide changes is tricky. You may want to use a
build bot for such testing. From
https://01.org/lkp/documentation/0-day-test-service:

Q: Which git tree and which mailing list will be tested? How can I
opt-in or opt-out from it?

A: 0-Day monitors hundreds of git trees and tens of mailing lists. You
can obtain detailed tree and mailing list information from the source
code under the lkp-tests/repo directory. If you want to add or remove
your tree from the 0-Day test system, send an email to the LKML,
specifying your git tree URL.

Thanks for the info! Quite useful.

Unfortunately there is code which has internal build switches - like qla1280.c and DEBUG_QLA1280, which Martin mentioned - so harder to spot. I suppose that's the risk with internal build switches.

Thanks again,
John