Re: Removing Mandatory Locks

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Aug 19 2021 - 15:15:30 EST

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 11:39 AM Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm all for ripping it out too. It's an insane interface anyway.
>
> I've not heard a single complaint about this being turned off in
> fedora/rhel or any other distro that has this disabled.

I'd love to remove it, we could absolutely test it. The fact that
several major distros have it disabled makes me think it's fine.

But as always, it would be good to check Android.

The desktop distros tend to have the same tools and programs, so if
Fedora and RHEL haven't needed it for years, then it's likely stale in
Debian too (despite being enabled).

But Android tends to be very different. Does anybody know?

Linus