Re: Linux 5.14

From: Sudip Mukherjee
Date: Mon Aug 30 2021 - 05:12:09 EST

Hi All,

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 11:23 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> Of course, the poor tireless kernel maintainers won't have time for
> the festivities, because for them, this just means that the merge
> window will start tomorrow. We have another 30 years to look forward
> to, after all. But for the rest of you, take a breather, build a
> kernel, test it out, and then you can go back to the seemingly endless
> party that I'm sure you just crawled out of.

We were recently working on openqa based testing and is a very basic
testing for now.. Build the kernel for x86_64 and arm64, boot it on
qemu and rpi4 and test that the desktop environment is working. And,
it now tests mainline branch every night. So, last night it tested
"5.14.0-7d2a07b76933" and both tests were ok.

rpi4: https://openqa.qa.codethink.co.uk/tests/68
qemu: https://openqa.qa.codethink.co.uk/tests/67

--
Regards