Re: arm scsi drivers

From: John Garry
Date: Wed Sep 01 2021 - 04:00:19 EST

On 27/08/2021 16:23, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
On 8/27/21 5:09 PM, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
I haven't, sorry.

I have run 5.x kernels on the hardware, and do have a set of patches
kicking around for the SCSI drivers that do some cleanups. It looks
like the fixup is pretty simple from the links you've sent - using
scsi_cmd_to_rq() to get the tag.

I'm not sure. The SCSI midlayer does nothing with that tag field, apart from set it to the block layer request tag, and it seems that these drivers reuse that field for their own tag management. But Hannes is confident that we may just use scsi_cmd_to_rq().

That said, I think I may only had one SCSI drive that came anywhere
close to supported tagged queuing, so I never put much effort into
tagged command support. Both acornscsi and fas216 have it disabled
for this reason, so it's probably easier just to rip the tag code
out of these drivers.

That's what I figured, too.
And that's what my patches do, killing the tag support from arm drivers which had them disabled since the dawn of git history.

These are the patches:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/20210819084007.79233-1-hare@xxxxxxx/T/#t

Hannes, please consider resending, cc'ing Russell.

Thanks,
John