Re: [GIT PULL] Staging / IIO driver changes for 5.15-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Sep 01 2021 - 17:28:27 EST

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 2:00 PM Phillip Potter <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I left this code in when I wrote ae7471cae00a ("staging: r8188eu: remove
> rtw_ioctl function") with the intention of modifying and reconnecting,
> once the changes to struct net_device_ops made their way into the
> staging tree.

Oh, ok. That explains why the dead code existed.

Yeah, I guess y9ou can resurrect it now with the new siocdevprivate model.

I actually ended up doing that first as part of the merge, until I
noticed that the code wasn't connected in the staging tree at all and
then decided to undo my merge and just remove the dead code.

Linus