Re: [GIT PULL v2] Kbuild updates for v5.15-rc1

From: Florian Weimer
Date: Sat Sep 04 2021 - 04:03:50 EST

* Nathan Chancellor:

> We set up the linux-toolchains mailing list after Plumbers 2020 to
> have a common place that kernel developers can bring issues and
> discussion to both clang and GCC folks. I am not sure who exactly from
> the GCC world is subscribed but I have added it now to see.

Someone said that they “agree with the reasoning”, but the original
patch does not provide one. It looks like it's about preventing the use
of compiler-supplied header files, but even that doesn't really answer
the question: why?

Especially since some parts of the kernel actually need some of those
header files.

Thanks,
Florian