Re: wwan/iosm vs. xmm7360

From: Florian Klink
Date: Tue Sep 07 2021 - 14:10:36 EST

On 21-08-06 11:41:27, Jan Kiszka wrote:
On 06.08.21 11:29, Kumar, M Chetan wrote:
Hi Jan,

What is the context of this request ?

The context is that there are many folks out there (me included - Lenovo
P52) with devices that have the xmm-7360 built-in, can't switch it to
USB mode (prevented by OEM), and currently require [1]. That kind of
works but is not really the final solution. So I also kicked off [2] there.

It also seems the 7560 card doesn't show up in my X13 AMD (Gen 1) at all
- so even if I'd "upgrade" that card, I couldn't use it.

I know. I'm not an expert on the details, but reading the overall
architectures of the IOSM and what has been reverse-engineered for the
7360, there seem to be some similarities. So, maybe you can explain to
the community if that is a reasonable path to upstream 7360 support, or
if at least the pattern of the 7560 could/should be transferred to the
7360 driver.

Very curious about this as well - they might share some code at lest, if
not even the driver?

Regards,
Florian

Thanks,