Re: [GIT PULL] parisc architecture warning fix for kernel v5.15-rc2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Sep 16 2021 - 16:25:58 EST

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 1:10 PM Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/16/21 1:03 PM, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> >
> > Already merged in the net tree.
>
> Ah, ok. Sorry for the noise (I already sent that patch).

Well, I _just_ got the networking pull, so now that particular problem
is solved in my tree too.

There's a few more from your list, but I _think_ they are at least
mostly pending in other trees and patch queues, so I'll ignore them
unless told otherwise.

But I've literally set aside this week to just get this mess sorted out.

Not only do I think it's time to just *fix* these damn warning issues,
but usually the week after rc1 is somewhat quiet since it takes a
while for people to find regressions.

So I have actually spent more time than I would normally consider
healthy on code that I in any normal situation wouldn't care about at
all.

(I realize that Arnd and Guenther are now scoffing at my "normally
consider healthy" since they have put even more time into this, but
hey, I usually actively try to avoid reading grotty code in areas I
don't actually care for).

So if somebody is aware of some warning situation that still remains
and doesn't seem to have any movement, please point me at all. Maybe
we can't force-enable -Wall, but I want us to be really really close.

Linus