Re: Linux 5.15-rc2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Sep 20 2021 - 14:58:27 EST

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 9:18 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyway, this email ended up being a long explanation of what the code
> _should_ do, in the hope that some enterprising kernel developer
> decides "Oh, this sounds like an easy thing to fix". But you do need
> to be able to test the end result at least a tiny bit.

In the meantime, the build fix is trivial: make that broken sparc
pci_iounmap() definition depend on CONFIG_PCI being set.

But let me build a few more sparc configs (and this time do it
properly for both 32-bit and 64-bit) before I actually commit it and
push it out.

Linus