Re: Linux 5.15-rc2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Sep 20 2021 - 22:13:01 EST

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 10:04 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But let me build a few more sparc configs (and this time do it
> properly for both 32-bit and 64-bit) before I actually commit it and
> push it out.

Actually, I think I _had_ tested sparc64 properly before, it's just
that I had only done the bigger configurations that had CONFIG_PCI
enabled and that didn't show the failure due to that.

But I have now done the allnoconfig and tinyconfig builds that showed
the problem, and verified that the trivial "depend on CONFIG_PCI"
fixes things for me.

Looks like the only remaining problem in your build configuration list
that isn't queued up somewhere is that odd nouveau use of pwrsrc and
the errno range thing. I'll apply it directly.

I'm sure that other configs will have a lot of other cases, but it is
good to see at least your set shrinking.

Linus