Re: [tip: x86/urgent] x86/setup: Call early_reserve_memory() earlier

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Sep 20 2021 - 23:39:50 EST

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 03:48:18PM -0700, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> Could auto-latest get updated too so that it does not show up in -next?
> I just spent a solid chunk of my day bisecting a boot failure on one of
> my test boxes on -next down to this change, only to find out it was
> already reported :/

Sorry about that - commit is zapped from tip/master and tip/auto-latest.

But your effort hasn't been in vain - you have a box which triggers this
boot issue and I haven't found one yet.

Can you please test on that exact test box whether the new version of
that commit works?

That one:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20210920120421.29276-1-jgross@xxxxxxxx

It would be much appreciated.