Re: dwc3-qcom: tx-fifo-resize regression on Poco F1 (sdm845) with v5.15-rc1

From: Amit Pundir
Date: Tue Sep 21 2021 - 06:19:33 EST

On Tue, 21 Sept 2021 at 13:00, Wesley Cheng <wcheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> On 9/21/2021 12:04 AM, Amit Pundir wrote:
> > Hi Wesley,
> >
> > On Tue, 21 Sept 2021 at 02:44, Wesley Cheng <wcheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Amit,

> >> I believe Android will attempt a number of bootup sequences and if it
> >> fails, it falls back to fastboot mode. Are there any available logs you
> >> might be able to collect to see where the issue is?
> >
> > It is a stock phone with no UART access, so I can't get early crash
> > logs unless I'm booted up to adb shell. I can try getting some info
> > using pstore-ramoops but warm reset support for sdm845 was not
> > upstreamed when I tried using that the last time.
> >

> I see, can we maybe avoid the actual resizing by commenting out the
> following writel() calls, but let the fifo resize logic calculate the EPs?
>
> void dwc3_gadget_clear_tx_fifos(struct dwc3 *dwc)
> {
> /* Don't change TXFRAMNUM on usb31 version */
> size = DWC3_IP_IS(DWC3) ? 0 :
> dwc3_readl(dwc->regs, DWC3_GTXFIFOSIZ(num >> 1)) &
> DWC31_GTXFIFOSIZ_TXFRAMNUM;
> /* Comment the dwc3_writel() */
> //dwc3_writel(dwc->regs, DWC3_GTXFIFOSIZ(num >> 1), size);
>
> and
>
> static int dwc3_gadget_resize_tx_fifos(struct dwc3_ep *dep)
> {
> /* Comment the dwc3_writel() */
> //dwc3_writel(dwc->regs, DWC3_GTXFIFOSIZ(dep->number >> 1), fifo_size);
> dwc->num_ep_resized++;
>
> Those 2 writel() would be the one that actually programs the TXFIFO
> register. I hope when commented out, no resize should actually happen
> anymore.
>
> With this, hopefully we can get some logs from the device at least :)

I can boot fine with above 2 writel() removed but I don't see EP
counts being printed in the log anywhere and the only relevant
message in dmesg I see is this:

Duplicate name in dwc3@a600000, renamed to "tx-fifo-resize#1"

which is interesting because I don't see tx-fifo-resize property being
set by any of the upstream sdm845 or relevant dtsi files.