RE: [RFC 15/20] vfio/pci: Add VFIO_DEVICE_[DE]ATTACH_IOASID

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Tue Sep 21 2021 - 23:56:52 EST

a device can be only attached to one container. One container can be
shared by multiple devices.

a device can be only attached to one IOASID. One IOASID can be shared
by multiple devices.

it does start at the same functionality.

> > + } else if (cmd == VFIO_DEVICE_ATTACH_IOASID) {
>
> This should be in the core code, right? There is nothing PCI specific
> here.

but if you insist on a pci-wrapper attach function, we still need something
here (e.g. with .attach_ioasid() callback)?