RE: [RFC 11/20] iommu/iommufd: Add IOMMU_IOASID_ALLOC/FREE

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Thu Sep 23 2021 - 09:41:20 EST

ah, got you! I have to admit that my previous thoughts are all from
VM p.o.v, with true userspace application ignored...

> All of the above is qemu accelerated vIOMMU stuff. It is a good idea
> to keep the two areas seperate as it greatly informs what is general
> code and what is HW specific code.

Agree. will think more along this direction. possibly this discussion
deviated a lot from what this skeleton series provide. We still have
plenty of time to figure it out when starting the pasid support. For now
at least the minimal output is that PASID might be a good candidate to
be used in iommufd. 😊

Thanks
Kevin