Question about ntfs3 git pull request

From: Konstantin Komarov
Date: Fri Sep 24 2021 - 12:47:13 EST

Hello, Stephen, Linus!

I have a question about next git pull request.

After first ntfs3 pull request [1] was accepted
there are some new commits, that I want to send for rc5 probably
(need more tests + some time in linux-next).

I've noticed, that I missed step
"If your upstream-bound branch has emptied entirely into the mainline
during the merge window, you can pull it forward with a command like"
from Kernel Maintainer Handbook [2].

Right now my github repo still based on 5.14-rc7.
Do I need to update it with git merge up to 5.15-rcX?
Or will it be ok to send git pull request as is and
back merge master only when 5.15 will release?

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/aa4aa155-b9b2-9099-b7a2-349d8d9d8fbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#u
[2]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/maintainer/rebasing-and-merging.html#finally