Re: Build error: ‘EM_RISCV’ undeclared

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Fri Sep 24 2021 - 15:42:38 EST

On 9/24/21 12:01 PM, Jon Hunter wrote:

On 24/09/2021 19:05, Stefan Wahren wrote:
Hi,

From: Jon Hunter <jonathanh@xxxxxxxxxx>

This is still broken in the mainline. Any plans to get this fix
merged there? I believe it has now been broken for nearly 2 weeks.

the fix [1] is in linux-next now, thanks.

so who merged the patch [1] into linux-next? Andrew?

Seems to me that Andrew should be cc-ed here [added].

Yes I know that. However, we need it in the mainline. It has been
broken for nearly 2 weeks now and all our automation for mainline is
not running because we cannot build. Please get this fix into mainline
as soon as possible.

as stated in [1], you can try to update you build environment.

These are farm build machines so not that easy or quick to update. Given the change that introduced the breakage is in the mainline, the fix also need to be merged into the mainline. Otherwise we need to revert the initial change.

Yes.

--
~Randy