[PATCH 1/2] locking/rwsem: fix comments about reader optimistic lock stealing conditions
From: Yanfei Xu
Date: Mon Sep 27 2021 - 12:40:00 EST
After the commit 617f3ef95177 ("locking/rwsem: Remove reader
optimistic spinning"), reader doesn't support optimistic spinning
anymore, there is no need meet the condition which OSQ is empty.
BTW, add an unlikely() for the max reader wakeup check.
Signed-off-by: Yanfei Xu <yanfei.xu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
kernel/locking/rwsem.c | 3 +--
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/kernel/locking/rwsem.c b/kernel/locking/rwsem.c
index 000e8d5a2884..2907f9d8e4a6 100644
@@ -56,7 +56,6 @@
* A fast path reader optimistic lock stealing is supported when the rwsem
* is previously owned by a writer and the following conditions are met:
- * - OSQ is empty
* - rwsem is not currently writer owned
* - the handoff isn't set.
@@ -485,7 +484,7 @@ static void rwsem_mark_wake(struct rw_semaphore *sem,
* Limit # of readers that can be woken up per wakeup call.
- if (woken >= MAX_READERS_WAKEUP)
+ if (unlikely(woken >= MAX_READERS_WAKEUP))