RE: [RFC 10/20] iommu/iommufd: Add IOMMU_DEVICE_GET_INFO

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Thu Sep 30 2021 - 04:49:15 EST

Who will set IOMMU_BLOCK_NO_SNOOP? I feel this is arch specific
knowledge about how cache coherency is implemented, i.e.
when IOMMU_CACHE is set intel-iommu driver just maps it to
blocking no-snoop. It's not necessarily to be an attribute in
the same level as IOMMU_CACHE?

> On Intel it should refuse to create a !IOMMU_CACHE since the HW can't
> do that.

Agree. In reality I guess this is not hit because all devices are marked
coherent on Intel platforms...

Baolu, any insight here?

Thanks
Kevin