Re: linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree

From: Christophe Leroy
Date: Wed Oct 27 2021 - 07:41:15 EST

Le 27/10/2021 à 13:29, Michael Ellerman a écrit :
Paul Moore <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 6:55 AM Michael Ellerman <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the audit tree got conflicts in:

arch/powerpc/kernel/audit.c
arch/powerpc/kernel/compat_audit.c

between commit:

566af8cda399 ("powerpc/audit: Convert powerpc to AUDIT_ARCH_COMPAT_GENERIC")

from the powerpc tree and commits:

42f355ef59a2 ("audit: replace magic audit syscall class numbers with macros")
1c30e3af8a79 ("audit: add support for the openat2 syscall")

from the audit tree.

Thanks.

I guess this is OK, unless the audit folks disagree. I could revert the
powerpc commit and try it again later.

If I don't hear anything I'll leave it as-is.

Hi Michael,

Last I recall from the powerpc/audit thread there were still some
issues with audit working properly in your testing, has that been
resolved?

No.

There's one test failure both before and after the conversion to use the
generic code.

If nothing else, -rc7 seems a bit late for this to hit -next for me to
feel comfortable about this.

OK. I'll revert the patch in my tree.

But it's been in the pipe since end of August and no one reported any issue other issue than the pre-existing one, so what's the new issue that prevents us to merge it two monthes later, and how do we walk forward then ?

Thanks
Christophe