Re: Unsubscription Incident

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Wed Oct 27 2021 - 15:29:40 EST

On 10/26/21 5:02 PM, Slade Watkins wrote:
Hi,
On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 4:10 PM Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 10:53:28AM -0500, Lijun Pan wrote:
Hi,

From Oct 11, I did not receive any emails from both linux-kernel and
netdev mailing list. Did anyone encounter the same issue? I subscribed
again and I can receive incoming emails now. However, I figured out
that anyone can unsubscribe your email without authentication. Maybe
it is just a one-time issue that someone accidentally unsubscribed my
email. But I would recommend that our admin can add one more
authentication step before unsubscription to make the process more
secure.

Same here.

Fortunately I just switched to lei:
https://josefbacik.github.io/kernel/2021/10/18/lei-and-b4.html
so I can unsubscribe all kernel mailing lists now.

Not a bad workaround! I may consider trying this out. Thanks for
sending this along.

I'd still love to figure out why the whole "randomly unsubscribing
people who want to be subscribed" thing is happening in the first
place, though.

Then you should try <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for assistance.

--
~Randy