Re: [RFC] mmc: core: transplant ti,wl1251 quirks from to be retired omap_hsmmc

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Date: Thu Oct 28 2021 - 05:41:12 EST

Hi Jérôme,

> Am 28.10.2021 um 10:59 schrieb Jérôme Pouiller <jerome.pouiller@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Thursday 28 October 2021 09:08:50 CEST H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>>> Let me have a closer look - and for sure, I am willing to help if needed.
>
> I confirm it does not have the expected behavior. !mmc_fixup_of_compatible_match()
> should be mmc_fixup_of_compatible_match(), sorry.

Ok, I see.

One more question: how can I specify "ti,wl1251" in some struct mmc_fixup table?
Does it need another macro like MMC_FIXUP() or SDIO_FIXUP() to set the .name
field?

>> Combining your suggestions we could do roughly:
>>
>> in mmc_sdio_init_card():
>>
>> if (host->ops->init_card)
>> host->ops->init_card(host, card);
>> else
>> mmc_fixup_device(host, sdio_prepare_fixups_methods);
>
> I think I mostly agree, but why you don't call mmc_fixup_device() if
> init_card is defined? (BTW, mmc_fixup_device() takes a card as
> first parameter)

Because I want to get rid of init_card. It is host specific and not client
specific.

>> Next we need a location for the sdio_prepare_fixups_methods table and functions.
>>
>> For "ti,wl1251" we would then provide the entry in the table and a function doing
>> the setup. But where should these be defined? Likely not in a header file like
>> quirks.h? But there is no quirks.c.
>
> I think you can place your function in drivers/mmc/core/card.h. There are
> already add_quirk(), add_limit_rate_quirk(), add_quirk_mmc(), etc...

Ok. Would be some add_wl1251_quirk() then.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus