Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Potential issue with smb word operations for tmp461 device in tmp401 driver

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Thu Oct 28 2021 - 12:20:17 EST

Hi David,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 01:54:01AM +0000, Wilson, David T. (GSFC-5870) wrote:
> Hi Guenter,
>
> Like last time, I updated several files in my platform's v5.4 files and applied your three patches.
> From what I can tell, I'm having no problems with the tmp461's basic support in the modified lm90 driver.
>
> Thanks again for looking into this,

I ordered an evaluation board from TI to be able to test improved support
for TMP461 in the lm90 driver (actual chips are all but impossible to get,
unless I am willing to wait for 9+ months). There are still some issues
with negative temperatures in standard mode and, as you noticed, with
resolution. I do have a board with TMP451 (which doesn't support negative
temperatures in standard mode), but that doesn't help with the TMP461
specifics. I'll keep you posted.

Guenter