Re: [BUG] About "io_uring: add more uring info to fdinfo for debug"

From: Hao Xu
Date: Fri Oct 29 2021 - 13:59:00 EST

在 2021/10/30 上午1:56, Jens Axboe 写道:
On 10/29/21 11:54 AM, Hao Xu wrote:
Hi Jens,
I was thinking that print all the entries including the unused ones
would make the list very long(real product use hundreds or thousands
while there may be just several useful sqes). And that may be confused,
a example is: sq_array[0-999] = 0, we have only one sqe sqes[0] in use.
then we'll print sqe[0] 1000 times, though we can get to know the real
useful one by sq_head and tail info after calculation.
And if only print the useful ones, exposing the original counters will
make the loop condition a bit simpler than exposing the ring index(since
the original counters depend on natural overflow) though we cannot do
that now since realizing issues like what Eric reports.

We can revisit in the merge window, I wrote up the pull requests for
this branch (among others) already. The most important part was fixing
the looping to appropriately cap it.

Gotcha