Re: [GIT PULL] MMC fixes for v5.15-rc8

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Fri Oct 29 2021 - 17:47:30 EST

On 10/29/21 11:04 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 5:07 AM Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- winbond: Silences build errors on M68K

I think this one is wrong.

I think the problem is that m68k declares "claim_dma_lock()" in the
wrong header file. It's in <asm/floppy.h> instead of <asm/dma.h>

I'm somewhat surprised that this doesn't hit m68k in other places -
there are other drivers that use that same ISA DMA interface.

I moved claim_dma_lock() and release_dma_lock() fro asm/floppy.h
to asm/dma.h (for arch/m68k/). I spent a few hours trying to fix
the resulting fallout. Guess I'm just slow.

FWIW, the biggest problem I had was the variety of types of DMA that
M68K supports (once a driver includes <asm/dma.h>, things get messy).

I've pulled this, but I hate how random that fix is.

--
~Randy