Re: [RFC 3/5] gpiolib: acpi: Add a new "ignore" module option

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Mon Nov 01 2021 - 15:16:47 EST

Hi,

On 10/31/21 20:59, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 6:25 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Add a new "ignore" module option to completely ignore controller@pin combos
>> from _AEI lists.
>>
>> And add a DMI quirk to ignore the interrupt of the BQ27520 fuel-gauge IC
>> on the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2. On this device we use native charger + fuel-gauge
>> drivers because of issues with the ACPI battery implementation. The _AEI
>> listing of the fuel-gauge IRQ is intended for use with the unused ACPI
>> battery implementation and is blocking the bq27xxx fuel-gauge driver
>> from binding.
>
> I'm wondering if the idea behind this is something relative to
> https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/acpi/sysfs.c

The idea indeed is similar, but there is only one set of GPEs and
the GPIO pin-namespace is per GPIO controller, hence the
controller-name@pin format used, which is also used for the
already existing ignore_wake gpiolib-acpi.c module option and
the patches re-use the existing parsing code.

But since there seems to be agreement that using a board-file to
work around the DSDT deficiencies is the best option this patch
will no longer be needed. It is probably still good to keep it
archived somewhere in case the functionality turns out to be
useful on some other device(s).

Regards,

Hans