Re: [GIT PULL] tracing: Updates for 5.16

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Nov 02 2021 - 09:17:28 EST

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 20:08:30 -0700
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 2:55 PM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Also, this pull request will conflict with your tree against a fix I had
> > for trace recursions. I did the conflict resolution and pushed it to my
> > ftrace/conflicts branch if you want to reference it.
>
> In the meantime, my tree had grown a few more conflicts elsewhere, but
> it all looked fairly straightforward.
>
> It might be a good idea if you were to double-check that everything
> looks good, though.

I performed the merge and conflict resolution to the same commit you used,
and came up with pretty much the same (sans whitespace differences).

The only thing I would like to bring attention to is the wording for the
comment to kprobe_flush_task() that both Thomas and Masami updated, and I
want to make sure they are both happy with the final result:

Thomas, Masami ?

/*
* This function is called from delayed_put_task_struct() when a task is
* dead and cleaned up to recycle any kretprobe instances associated with
* this task. These left over instances represent probed functions that
* have been called but will never return.
*/
void kprobe_flush_task(struct task_struct *tk)

You OK with the above wording?

-- Steve