Re: [GIT PULL] Networking for 5.16

From: Jakub Kicinski
Date: Tue Nov 02 2021 - 10:11:00 EST

On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 06:20:35 -0700 Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 10:43 PM Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git tags/net-next-for-5.16
>
> I get quite a lot of
>
> ./scripts/pahole-flags.sh: line 7: return: can only `return' from
> a function or sourced script
>
> with this. Why didn't anybopdy else notice? It seems entirely bogus
> and presumably happens everywhere else too.
>
> It's shell script. You don't "return" from it. You "exit" from it.
>
> Grr.

Sorry about that.

Looks like the patch was merged on Friday, presumably nobody tried
to build -next without pahole installed on their system since.

Let me correct for that by sending the PR on Tue next merge window.
Hopefully an extra day will be enough for someone to catch silly
mistakes like this. I had to do a last minute TCP revert as well,
so yeah, seems like Monday was a little rushed on my side.